6.05.2009

Poor Blog

Oh my poor, neglected blog. Will I ever have time for you again?

For now, I'll post one pic per family member which might hopefully catch you up on their happenings in the past month or so...

Jonas: Is 5 months old now and eating apples, pears, peaches, sweet potatoes, peas, and squash. The peas and squash have to be mixed (hidden) with other stuff as he doesn't seem to want to swallow those if left on their own. I think he can roll, but chooses not to. Or maybe it's the chunky arms and legs that get in the way... He was dedicated on Mother's Day at our church (see pic below). He continues to be our happy, laid back little guy!

(Darned blogger won't let me un-underline this paragraph!!)
Eva, oh Eva! What a lovable little mess! I've decided if anyone asks me to describe Eva I will just show them the picture below! The past few weeks have been momentous. On Memorial Day she decided she'd start using the potty (for the first time EVER), and sans a few accidents, I'd say she's almost potty trained! Yippee! I thought I'd never see the day! She's finally starting to notice she has a little brother, and will even acknowledge his presence once in awhile now. :)


Sophia: Five years old and officially graduated from preschool! Here she is receiving her diploma. It was a bittersweet day - I'm so proud of her and know that she had a successful year; and yet I'm just a little sad that she's so old already! She's a little fish in the water - loves to swim and dive and jump (even backwards!) into our pool. We play a lot of board games, color, read, draw, talk. She's a great little companion! I'm so lucky to have her here all summer!

We had a great Mother's Day!! My mom was here, Gigi (Andy's great grandma) was here from Maine, and his bro and wife were here from NY. Andy and his dad cooked for everyone and we just had a wonderfully relaxing day!
At the end of the month we went to the local carnival and had a blast!! The kids were beyond excited this year and Andrew and I had fun watching them.

Now it's off to the OBX for the week! We leave on Sunday and I cannot wait to get my toes into that ocean again! I may even do some bogeyboarding this time (last summer I was preggo!). You can be sure I'll post pics when we get back (hopefully before October - heehee!).

3 comments:

Dani said...

Ben had Mrs. Wolfe too :) I miss the Eva stories!

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

Great to see pics of the family and hear your updates about everyone! :)

Chad and Rose said...

Hi Katie!
It was great reading your update. Your children are beautiful and Eva and Cole are a match made in heaven!! :) Hugs to you friend!